Friday, September 25 – Sunday, October 4, 2020 Candle Lighting Time – 6:27pm on Sept 25
|ENJOY! החזן ישראל נחמן | כל נדרי Cantor Israel Nachman – kol nidre – Click here!|
THIS WEEK – YOM KIPPUR RESERVATIONS DUE FRIDAY MORNING, SEPT 25
FRIDAY, September 25 CST-Temple Combined Family Shabbat Service via ZOOM with Joey Glick participating.
6:15 pm ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/2878429114
The meeting ID# is: 287-842-9114
SATURDAY, September 26 – Shabbat Shuvah with Joey Glick
9:30 am Service in our upstairs Sanctuary.
|All Services live with Joey Glick. See important instructions below. |
SUNDAY, September 27 Kol Nidre/Erev Yom Kippur Services
3:45pm via ZOOM Yizkor and Kol Nidre Zoom instructions: Join Zoom Meeting (click link)
Meeting ID: 861 3407 5873
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,86134075873#,,1#,256430# US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k9rYPqtH
6pm Kol Nidre Service in our upstairs Sanctuary.
MONDAY, September 28 Yom Kippur Morning (Yizkor) Service
9am – noon Yom Kippur Yizkor Service in our upstairs Sanctuary.
6pm – 7:30pm Yom Kippur Mincha/Neila Service
NEXT WEEK – SUKKOT SERVICES (Sukkot lasts from Friday, Oct 2 – Friday, Oct 9, 2020)
|FRIDAY, October 2 |
6:00 pm – Erev Succoth with Joey Glick via ZOOM See ZOOM instructions above for Yizkor & Kol Nidre
SATURDAY, October 3 Succoth Day 1 with Joey Glick 9:30am Service in our upstairs Sanctuary.
SUNDAY, October 4 Succoth Day 2 with Joey Glick
9:30am Service in our upstairs Sanctuary.
|FRIDAY, October 9 |
6:15pm CST-Temple Combined Family Shabbat Service via ZOOM with Joey Glick participating.
ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/2878429114
The meeting ID# is: 287-842-9114
SATURDAY, October 10
9:30am Shemini Atzeret with Joey Glick in our upstairs Sanctuary.
7:00pm Simchat Torah with Joey Glick in our upstairs Sanctuary.
SUNDAY, October 11
9:30am Simchat Torah with Joey Glick in our upstairs Sanctuary.
September 20 – September 26 (TISHREI 2 – TISHREI 8)
Name Observed on (civil) Jewish
|Gersten, Ruth||Sunday||9/20/2020||Tishrei 2, 5781|
|Klein, Shirley||Sunday||9/20/2020||Tishrei 2, 5781|
|Yunich, David||Sunday||9/20/2020||Tishrei 2, 5781|
|Berkowitz, Meyer||Monday||9/21/2020||Tishrei 3, 5781|
|Sitkoff, Ida||Monday||9/21/2020||Tishrei 3, 5781|
|Scolnik, Barry||Tuesday||9/22/2020||Tishrei 4, 5781|
|Smith, Benny||Tuesday||9/22/2020||Tishrei 4, 5781|
|Wachtel, Solomon||Wednesday||9/23/2020||Tishrei 5, 5781|
|Eddleton, Anne||Thursday||9/24/2020||Tishrei 6, 5781|
|Greene, Florence||Thursday||9/24/2020||Tishrei 6, 5781|
|Slawsby, Arnold||Thursday||9/24/2020||Tishrei 6, 5781|
|Cohen, Pearl||Saturday||9/26/2020||Tishrei 8, 5781|
|Kline, Jennie||Saturday||9/26/2020||Tishrei 8, 5781|
September 27 – October 3 (TISHREI 8 – TISHREI 15)
Name Observed on (civil) Jewish
|Berman, Meyer||Sunday||9/27/2020||Tishrei 9, 5781|
|Singer, Morton||Sunday||9/27/2020||Tishrei 9, 5781|
|Gottesman, Sylvia||Monday||9/28/2020||Tishrei 10, 5781|
|Koble, Jennie||Monday||9/28/2020||Tishrei 10, 5781|
|Yanks, Florence||Tuesday||9/29/2020||Tishrei 11, 5781|
|Stillman, Nathan||Wednesday||9/30/2020||Tishrei 12, 5781|
|Yaffee, Jean||Thursday||10/1/2020||Tishrei 13, 5781|
PROTOCOL for Resumption of Live Services at Shaaray Tefila – Summer 2020
What Shaaray Tefila is Doing?
1. Congregation Shaaray resumed live Saturday morning services on June 20, 2020.
2. Friday evening Kabbalat Shabbat Zoom services led by student rabbi will continue at 6:30 PM until further notice.
3. Saturday morning services will begin at 9:30 AM and will be held in the main sanctuary.
4. Two of every three rows will be blocked off with ribbon.
5. Maximum occupancy of 35 people in sanctuary at any one time.
6. There will be no Torah procession. The Torah will be removed from the ark and placed on the reading table and replaced in the ark at the appropriate time. Torah blessings will be done from seats in the sanctuary. Gabbis will monitor the text from their seats. If the text is being read from the Chumash and someone is serving as a pointer, the reader will stand at least 12 feet from the pointer.
7. No kiddish or luncheon at this point.
8. Siddurim and chumashim will be left in seat racks so there will be no need to touch more than one siddur or chumash per week.
9. Stairwell doors and doors to main sanctuary will be left open during services.
10. Optimal ventilation with either open windows or air conditioning will be maintained, depending on weather conditions.
11. Communal areas will be cleaned and sanitized weekly before services with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces and logs will be kept of cleaning. Synagogue employees will pass health screening questions prior to each day of work.
12. Disinfectant will be available to congregants in appropriate places.
13. Shaaray Tefila is making its best effort to make live services as safe as possible. However, congregants should use their judgment and consult public health authorities in making their own decision as to whether attendance at lives services is appropriate for their particular situation.
What is Expected of Congregants?
1. Congregants should plan to arrive no later than 10:15 AM.
2. Congregants should wash hands on arrival or use disinfectant, which will be placed near the entrance. Congregants should also wash or disinfect hands after contact with frequently touched surfaces (e.g. handrails.)
3. Congregants will seat themselves at least 12 feet apart. Congregants from the same household may sit together. Congregants should try to sit at least 6 feet from an aisle.
4. Congregants should take their temperatures at home and refrain from attending if temperature is above 99.5 F. Congregants who feel ill, have cough, shortness of breath, nausea, diarrhea, headache, sore throat or other flu-like symptoms should stay home or seek medical care.
5. If social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be maintained for any reason, masks should be worn. It is the responsibility of the congregant to bring a mask. A limited supply of masks may be available at the synagogue. Masks are not required when seated in the sanctuary unless 12 feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. Increased social distancing is required in the sanctuary because of the effects of singing on droplet spread.
6. Anyone who has had suspected Covid 19 or has had contact with a documented or suspected Covid patient in the past 14 days, including health care workers, should not attend services.
7. Only 1 person may use a bathroom at any one time except if an adult is supervising a young child. Bathroom doors now have locks. Wash hands before and after using the bathroom.
8. Congregants are encouraged to wear their own kippas to shul and to bring their own tallasim. Congregants are welcome to leave their tallasim in the seat racks in the sanctuary during the week. Siddurim and chumashim will be left in seat racks so there will be no need to touch more than one siddur or chumash per week.
9. Elevator should be used by no more than one person or one household at a time. Masks should be worn in the elevator.
10. Parents or guardians are responsible for insuring that their children maintain social distancing. If you are not confident in your child’s ability to maintain social distancing, do not bring the child to synagogue.